Friday 11 November 2016

You and I




Sometimes I can forget that we are lovers. I forget that we're bestfriends. That we actually really really really like each other. That there is no one else I'd rather spend all my time with. Sometimes I forget that we're a team, that we are one, that we're a family. 
And I take for granted your love, your endless kindness, your precision in my wellbeing, your profound patience with my list of annoyances. I take for granted the goodness of your heart. I take for granted that I am loved. Loved to the ultimate extent of human capability. In our story, you are selfless. 
And I can't compete. 
But I don't need to, because we are together in life, we are us. 
Still. I fail you all the time, but you'd never say. I disappoint you everyday, but you'd never tell me. I can complain about anything and everything, but you never do. I can be my worst-ugliest-most hurtful self and you gaze at me longingly with respect and devotion. 
I am not even close to loving you like you've loved me. But I am forever committed to our story, as long as we are dwellers on this earth.
We are together in life, you and I. 
Thank you for making us better ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment